• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
3DaysInMay
Fresh Boarder

May 1977? Who was there?

#212261 1 year, 10 months ago
Hey Now,

Did you or someone you know attend any or all of the following shows:

-Boston Garden, Boston, MA: May 7, 1977
-Barton Hall, Cornell, Ithaca, NY: May 8, 1977
-War Memorial Auditorium, Buffalo, NY: May 9, 1977

If so, I'd love to hear from you. I am in the process of gathering information for a long form essay on the Cornell show as well as the nights before and after. Please feel free to email me at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it so we might further discuss what I am looking for. Thanks, in advance, for any time you might be able to lend, it's greatly appreciated.

Tom
IvoryWheels
Junior Boarder

Re: May 1977? Who was there?

#240945 1 year, 7 months ago
Gee whiz! May I say fresh boarders seem to have a lot to share, and kinda all-at-once like. I know the feeling!
Funny, I am just this moment in the process of downloading soundboard recs of Cornell from the MediaFire website, because I'd heard 'so much' about it (after all, how much can you really 'hear about' and what can really be told about such a sublime experience?). Contact high and goose pimples are associated terms in this context.
I'm eagerly anticipating hearing this concert for the first time after hearing of it long ago from my old roomie, who also has stories of other shows of this vintage. I have a recording of a 'Brown Eyed Women' from a show prior to Cornell; was it one of the 'Palladium' shows? That was the closest I had gotten to the legendary Cornell show, and the texture of it is very rich and spacious. I'd like to read your essay, and may your journey continue to be fantastic!

Signed,

pipsqueak fresh boarder,

Andrew
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: May 1977? Who was there?

#240960 1 year, 7 months ago
I'm sure you'll love the Cornell soundboard. Just exactly perfect.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: IvoryWheels
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds