• Topics not covered in other forums.
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

Re: The Magic that IS the dead and the heads

#20388 2 years, 11 months ago
@matt

Stella Blue always does something magical to me ~

i love that best buy show, right now it's my favorite of the tour ...

and i was lucky enough to be there, too.
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design.

#20394 2 years, 11 months ago
no my love will not fade away (clap clap clap, clap clap)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420, CatDancer
Bud
Junior Boarder

#20460 2 years, 11 months ago
Other than spending time with my boys. Which have become my entire universe. The shows that I have been to since I started, unfortunately the only time I was able to see Jerry was 95' @ Giants stadium ( I was at other shows that I kind of remember but was only maybe 4-5) when we lived in Cali. But I really fell in love even though the scene was on the verge of collapse and Jerry was in poor health. But being able to go and have experiences that change the way that I look at the world and just being able to go and let loose and dance and lose myself in the music and forget about everything that is stressing me out is priceless. The ripple was made by the boys with their music over forty years ago and it is still going. There is nowhere else I would rather be than at a show.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420, Drazzaz, CatDancer
CatDancer
Fresh Boarder
... many worlds i've come since i first left

#203510 1 year, 6 months ago
That's what it was -- the X factor. It was totally there at the SBCB 7-Oct-2012. It was how I knew we were home.
GoneFurthur
Junior Boarder

#203536 1 year, 6 months ago
Great thread, Furthur has definitely been living up to its name and I can't wait to experience it again !
The following user(s) said Thank You: CatDancer
CatDancer
Fresh Boarder

#204408 1 year, 6 months ago
Sometimes you just don't need anything else other than the music & the people to get you there.
CatDancer
Fresh Boarder

#204409 1 year, 6 months ago
That reminds me of one of my favorite show moments. It was at the Arlington Theater in Santa Barbara in the 80's for the Jerry Garcia Band. We were in the 3rd row on the Jerry side. There was a guy sitting next to us that was by himself. He said his friends kept telling him how great the shows were and he'd never had the experience, so he scored his ticket to see what it was all about. He was a little shy & surprised at how friendly everyone was. Anyone who knows SB knows how conservative a venue the Arlington is. I've been told to sit down many times. I always wondered why if people wanted the sit down experience why they don't just stay home & watch TV. The show was off the hook, and eventually this guy has lost all his inhibitions & is standing on his seat, ripped his T-Shirt off & is waving it in the air cheering & saying how he's never had such a good time in his life before, and a Security guy comes over to us & taps him aggressively on the should & says "Do you want to sit down, or do you want to leave?!!" The guy, still standing on his chair, stops, turns to him & thinks for a moment. Then he says very politely & a little puzzled "Neither." Everyone around him cheered & we all got up on our chairs & the Security guy looked at us, shook his head, walked away, and no one bothered us for the rest of the show. This goes in my category of one of the best answers to a stupid question of all time. I want to thank that guy for keeping it all in perspective . . .
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#204443 1 year, 6 months ago
I am not trying to be a hater but I don't get that magic at PLF or ratdog shows. Furthur is the only band I have seen post-Grateful Dead that brings that x-factor magic. I really hope the boys continue to tour.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#204448 1 year, 6 months ago
B-Rad wrote:
I am not trying to be a hater but I don't get that magic at PLF or ratdog shows. Furthur is the only band I have seen post-Grateful Dead that brings that x-factor magic. I really hope the boys continue to tour.

did you ever see the phil lesh quintet?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by wlewis.
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds