• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

The Magic that IS the dead and the heads

#20144 3 years, 5 months ago
Without a thought, without hesistation, the best nights of my life have been at Ratdog,Furthur,etc concerts. Its jus an amazing thing on a completely amazing level. At a point during the night, its as if the whole audience turns from a mass of random dancing and jubilation, in to a single monster of energy. Ya guys know what i mean? And that feeling when it peaks i jus get massive rolls of chills over and over again through my body. For me nothing else in the world compares. =-). Anybody care to share their thoughts and feelings about anything?

P.S. I LOVE YOU ALL
P.P.S Ill see you all at the june 4th show. Gonna be epic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the highway terror, ruby_claire, Abba
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

Re: The Magic that IS the dead and the heads

#20146 3 years, 5 months ago
Listen to night two of the boston run at the end of NFA the crowd overpowered the band singing and did not stop till phil came out to do his donor rap . It gave me goosebumps . Everyone was in snyc .
mattgill
Junior Boarder
Atleast I'm enjoying the ride.

#20152 3 years, 5 months ago
I totally agree man, i remember saturday night at Best Buy theater the whole night was so mellow, and in the second set they did stella blue and i was just in such awe. I hear a head from behind me say god bless you jerry and i just looked all around and i knew his energy must be somewhere in this theater, he was looking down on us and smileing, i love furthur and the grateful dead and all the beautiful people too that come in all different shapes,size and forms.
LightningBolt
Junior Boarder

#20167 3 years, 5 months ago
Listen to 3/30/86 Providence, RI.....

The Not Fade Away at the end was an incredible synergy of the band and the audience.

One of my great touring memories from the mid eighties was that night in Providence when "the music played the band".
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by LightningBolt. Reason: spelling
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder

#20172 3 years, 5 months ago
Will do. Gonna dl that after i finish 3/19/2011 Tower Theatre upper darby PA.Furthur.
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder

#20173 3 years, 5 months ago
=-)
bokb
Senior Boarder
Be, okay? Be.

#20174 3 years, 5 months ago
One of my first GD shows was the Omni, Atlanta, '91. In the metro station after the show, the entire place was rockin the "know our love will not fade away.....clap clap clap clap clap," continued on the train and at each successive stop, fading as we got furthur from the venue and more & more heads got off. Very cool magical.

This was the night we had seats over the hallway entrance to the upper level. I watched the poor usherboy with his little flashlight checking each and every ticket. Then the band got rockin, the floodgates let loose, and poor dude couldn't possibly keep up. I looked down and caught him at the precise moment when he threw his hands up in the air, mouthing "Fuck it!" grabbed a full beer outta one dude's hand and slammed it! He ended up three rows behind me gettin smoked down and beaming ear-to-ear!!
If unable to dance, I'll crawl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mddichard07, Stonedbeetle, CatDancer
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#20176 3 years, 5 months ago
red rocks 85 the crowd did NFA in a row row your boat type harmony that was wild the drummers come out and joined in ,i totally get whatyour saying
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#20304 3 years, 5 months ago
sounds a lot like an acid trip!

crowd needs to be just as on as the band giving them our energy to produce magic with their energy
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#20307 3 years, 5 months ago
Grateful fredhead wrote:
Listen to night two of the boston run at the end of NFA the crowd overpowered the band singing and did not stop till phil came out to do his donor rap . It gave me goosebumps . Everyone was in snyc .

you are describing the "X " factor
I can remember nights with Jerry that left me shaking my head afterwards, asking myself if it really happened at all.
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, CatDancer
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds