• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3203
"Why don't you arrest me"

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#200137 1 year, 11 months ago
jodiah wrote:
I should really get back to my morning tea and today's edition of The Socialist Worker.


She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: B-Rad
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3203
"Why don't you arrest me"

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#200138 1 year, 11 months ago
ecojaded wrote:
jodiah wrote:
I should really get back to my morning tea and today's edition of The Socialist Worker.




She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jodiah
EyeBallKid
Junior Boarder
Posts:119

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#200142 1 year, 11 months ago
Wow, Chris Hedges is not an idiot. There goes my argument of lesser of 2 evils and living in a swing state. Everyone should watch this.

paraphrasing- We have to rebuild the popular movements that were consciously destroyed in the war against communism...the war on terror is the template to do the same. You cant vote against Goldman Sachs.

Phred, I noticed you live in CO, I just moved out here(Denver) and would love to know about some groups/movements that are out here.
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by EyeBallKid.
Phred
Senior Boarder
Posts:417

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#200164 1 year, 11 months ago
EBK....check your PM.
sweetwilliamisdead
Junior Boarder
Posts:131

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#200166 1 year, 11 months ago
Bakes wrote:
Fact: Conservatives have significantly less gray matter in their brains than more liberal minded folks. Don't bother explaining the big picture or altruism. They don't, or can't, understand it. Most are selfish and scared, or the other way around.
Fact: Conservatives, tend to the rich and big business, yet have a poor unedumacated base that apparently are too starry eyed in ideals to recognize they are being sold snake oil.
Fact: Conservatives are flakes. Sorry, but it's true.
FACT: His own party is abandoning Mittens cause the placebo effect of the snake oil the party was counting on is wearing off. Mittens has no game.

I've been avoiding the fact checking and BS campaign stuff debate that is nothing more than mostly politics (and mostly lies from Republicans).

Why would anyone still support Mittens? I don't get it. He has no plan. He is no good for any of us. Is it because he is black? Is it because he didn't pull a miracle out of the Republican tsunami. Where is Mittens plan? The guys a false front that is quickly crumbling. Rant over.



wow you are a real master at making yourself look like you fail to understand debate, empirical logic and a lot of other things. Out of all the people in this thread who have turned to hatred and name calling your posts have been the most prejudice and have contributed the least to the conversation. Im a independent that has never voted a striaght ticket, i try to see all viewpoints, but the way you think is perplexing. You say nothing, you have no facts and even admit that you have avoided fact checking and using evidence. I hate to tell you but if you dont use facts you can believe anything your mind wants, from what you say in posts I really dont understand what your basing your vote on if the stuff here is "nothing more than mostly politics", everything from the economy to social issues to international policy to immigration policy is debated in this thread. What the fuck are you basing your voting decision on? wouldnt it maybe be beneficial to know which of the "mostly lies from republicans" are actually factual? you are entitled to having opinions but it makes you look uneduacated to present them as facts and not even attempt to justify reasonings. I suggest you work on your logic skill or you will continue to look too ignorant to even play the devils advocate in this thread.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded
Phred
Senior Boarder
Posts:417

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#200169 1 year, 11 months ago
sweetwilliamisdead wrote:
Bakes wrote:
Fact: Conservatives have significantly less gray matter in their brains than more liberal minded folks. Don't bother explaining the big picture or altruism. They don't, or can't, understand it. Most are selfish and scared, or the other way around.
Fact: Conservatives, tend to the rich and big business, yet have a poor unedumacated base that apparently are too starry eyed in ideals to recognize they are being sold snake oil.
Fact: Conservatives are flakes. Sorry, but it's true.
FACT: His own party is abandoning Mittens cause the placebo effect of the snake oil the party was counting on is wearing off. Mittens has no game.

I've been avoiding the fact checking and BS campaign stuff debate that is nothing more than mostly politics (and mostly lies from Republicans).

Why would anyone still support Mittens? I don't get it. He has no plan. He is no good for any of us. Is it because he is black? Is it because he didn't pull a miracle out of the Republican tsunami. Where is Mittens plan? The guys a false front that is quickly crumbling. Rant over.



wow you are a real master at making yourself look like you fail to understand debate, empirical logic and a lot of other things. Out of all the people in this thread who have turned to hatred and name calling your posts have been the most prejudice and have contributed the least to the conversation. Im a independent that has never voted a striaght ticket, i try to see all viewpoints, but the way you think is perplexing. You say nothing, you have no facts and even admit that you have avoided fact checking and using evidence. I hate to tell you but if you dont use facts you can believe anything your mind wants, from what you say in posts I really dont understand what your basing your vote on if the stuff here is "nothing more than mostly politics", everything from the economy to social issues to international policy to immigration policy is debated in this thread. What the fuck are you basing your voting decision on? wouldnt it maybe be beneficial to know which of the "mostly lies from republicans" are actually factual? you are entitled to having opinions but it makes you look uneduacated to present them as facts and not even attempt to justify reasonings. I suggest you work on your logic skill or you will continue to look too ignorant to even play the devils advocate in this thread.


Time to check out your sarcasm meter...it doesn't appear to be working.
EyeBallKid
Junior Boarder
Posts:119

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#200178 1 year, 11 months ago
Lets be real for a minute, in this anger-filled debate that is happening across the country any name calling and rude/condescending language on either side is hurting everyone. To me Mittens and Ovomit are the same thing; counter-productive and childish.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sweetwilliamisdead
lostsailor
Senior Boarder
Posts:552

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#200188 1 year, 11 months ago
Phred wrote:
ecojaded wrote:
I know we have been rolling at a 5th grade levels spewing the sound-bites back and forth at each other.

Time to shift gears to thinks that have no party line to attemp to toe.

University of Chicago Economics
Milton Friedman

"Economic Shock Treatment"

Average Joe assumes that this just happened, the financial crisis was planned and carried out by a very sophisticated group of economic engineers that have NO allegiance to any nation.

Discuss...........


Precisely! Which is why most conservative economists are afraid to talk about it....a tad too close to home. For another, albeit radical, perspective...take a look at this. From David Harvey, classically trained British economist in the 1950s who came to see the errors of capitalism and has now moved to the "dark side"... Marxism!!!

comment.rsablogs.org.uk/2010/06/28/rsa-a...e-crisis-capitalism/

Our problems lie in the problems that have ALWAYS occurred in capitalism, however we just keep sweeping them under the closest rug. Well, it looks like all the rugs are now a bit filthy....


i won't watch the clip, but liberalism addresses (or should address if the dems had balls) the shortcomings of capitalism. But marxism fails on a national level simply because he never fit into his equation nationalism. And on top of that- marx specficially states there are three things that must occur. Socialism was just a step. The first? working class must revolt. It happened to some extent in Europe but once it got to the national level it fizzled. China and other so-called commnuist countries tried to skip the whole revolt thing and they call themselves communist but in fact are simply authoritarian regimes. communism by marxist definition is the withering away of government- it will whietehr because WE NO LONGER NEED government. Obviously in the history of the world and the last 2 centuries, we never reached that.

Liberals see government as a necessary evil. It can be devised in such a way that it minimizes harm(including the evils of capitalism) but simultaneously increasing production, wealth, equality. Conservatives wage a war to stop this and sometimes they win, and sometimes it takes a decade (or even longer) to fix it. Which is where we are today.

To argue that Obama needs to step up and own it, is silly. He can't just say "this is my mess" and it will get better. It's like saying I can ignore my first deadshow... (I can't- it changed me forever ). We have to fix the fundamental problems that bush and his conservatives created and we haven't. A vote for rmney is a vote to go back to bush's policies that benefit the 1% at the expense of the 99%. The Iraq war was to create profit. The Afghanistan war was to create profit. And the result was a crashed economy. They tried to apply their conservaitve war mongering theory that war helps economies and without substantial reductions and nationwide sacrifices we learned the hard way that the economy won't bounce back unless the entire nation becomes a war economy. So I'm sorry but a vote for romney is a vote to go back to bush's policies.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder
Posts:552

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#200189 1 year, 11 months ago
mittens. When we have to argue about Obama is not an american, that he is socialist, or that he is out to destroy us.... mittons is small fry.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder
Posts:552

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#200194 1 year, 11 months ago
tdog wrote:



It's a very serious time. You hit the nail on the head there. I think it's why some of us get frustrated when we try to strike up a discussion of very serious issue and to have thoughtful dialog that we just get shot down with the same tired leftist garble. '



I get frustrated with your type because you aren't having a serious dicsussion. You post some of the must ridiculous talking points of the fox propaganda machine. Shot down with the "same tired leftist garble". I asked at leat 8 questions for you to explain- and you won't. Please. I posted moer but I got tired of keepign track because I was sure you wouldn't bother trying to respond and I was right.

How do you define socialism, and what specific acts has Obama done that is socialist. I'm not asking for "Obamacare" as an answer. What specifically in Obamacare is socialist, and why. Until then- go look in the mirror.
The following user(s) said Thank You: B-Rad, Phred, EyeBallKid
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds